Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Promotion

Good for Mady and for Jenna who took the photo of Barbara and me at the party.
Jenna forwarded the photo to Mady who e-mailed it together with info on our June/July show to the Whats On in Mission magazine and would you believe it was right on the deadline for getting it printed in the next issue of the magazine?
As this will stay in for two months we could not have afforded to miss it.


Went to see Willy but it was like entering a morgue because no sign of staff or residents. Pleasantview is in lock-down and residents confined to their rooms because of a sickness - they didn't tell me what is was.


When I had my by-pass, Willy brought me a white Teddy bear which was holding a red heart - written on the heart were the words "Can't bear to be without you".
I found it in the cupboard the other day so I took it for him. If he can see at all he might remember the days we were together. It makes other people smile so I guess if it only does that, it's worth having around.


I was a good doobie and took my blood pressure monitor down to Shoppers Drug Mart and the very kind Pharmacist was patient. He took my blood pressure and it was 170 over 85. I took it in the store machine and it registered the same. He made me read a magazine and be calm for five minutes and sure enough they then both read 130 over 70. It confirms I have White coat syndrome and my blood pressure monitor is not at fault. So that is solved. It also proves I'm very sensitive to ANYTHING.


I found some old fashioned lipstick in the store which was for sale 4.99. I don't like this modern stuff that just glazes your lips and doesn't last for more than a few seconds.


May went for her first Chemo - low dose and once a week so that's good.


Went to see Emily Drew's son's  history book on Bella Carra - Indian Arm coast line. His name is Ralph and he took ten years to bring it to fruition. It weighs five pounds and it is so detailed and wonderfully put together. He has been given a special History award from the Lt.Governor and it is applauded from all over and it is in libraries and archives of Canada. Well deserved.


And so another day and closer to the Grand Move of Pleasantview - dear place that it is.
signed promotion - promotion that's me from now on Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment