Thursday, April 10, 2014

Pleasantview

I've just come back from a visit with Willy.
Pleasantview phoned me this morning to ask if I want him moved to the new building to die or leave him till the last moment in Pleasantview which is Monday the 14th April when everything and everybody has to be out of there.
I told them, we thought of Pleasantview as Willy's home and leave him to stay until the end. If he's still alive on the Monday of course, he'll have to be transported but it won't be long now.
He decided to finish life when he clamped his mouth shut against any more intake of food or drink - but one never knows.
What to do with the big wheelchair was a problem but Vicki said she will take care of it for me. What a relief that is.


I don't know if I'm kidding myself or not but I felt a pressure of his fingers when I held his hand and I said "Blink your eyes Willy if you know that Doris is here" and he blinked. And I told him again that I loved him.
That made me feel better because who wants to die when they think no one cares?


They came in to turn him as they do every two hours. They snuggled the "Can't bear to be without you" bear next to him and everything as I keep saying, is clean and comfortable as they can make him. He's so very peaceful.


I stayed a long time in case it would be the last time and I cried of course but that's a good thing.


This morning I drove Brenda to her ultra sound but the results will take a long time to come. She was glad the person who did the service was gentle but it left her sore.


Hey! I did it - went to the medical clinic to pay twenty dollars and have them stamp the form for a disabled parking ticket, wrote a cheque for twenty dollars for sparc and actually mailed the whole thing. It will come in handy.


I'm going to give Willy's new clothes away. Maybe to the "closet" of the new building.


I waited in the Pleasantview parking lot, sitting in the car. It overlooks the park where we used to walk to. The birds were singing like they did in England and the sun was out and it is spring again. He gave me at least three extra years of life because he made me walk every day and he so loved being in nature
And now I just wait for the phone call.
signed Willy's girl - Doris



2 comments:

  1. Praying for strength and peace for you tonight Doris

    ReplyDelete
  2. May Peace and Comfort surround both You and Willy.

    ReplyDelete