Sunday, April 27, 2014

Nice times

Today Camellia - my grand-daughter was to visit but got held up.
had a catch-up phone call with Paul whose businesses are booming right now but he can't get young fellows who will work hard so he's doing it himself and it's too much.


Joy came to take me to their house in Maple ridge for dinner and I got to see Dario's latest acquisition - a salt water aquarium !!! Oh Boy! I think it's a seventy gallon tank but it's incredible (so is the upkeep.) I fell in love with the latest member in it - a little fish looking like a red dragon with yellow fins and other colours, he had his own character and seemed to talk to me.
What a learning process it is as well as absolutely beautiful. Dario always does things perfectly and the acquarium  is one of them. It has living coral which feeds the fish, crabs and snails in there. His downstairs bathroom is completely taken over with tubes, computer monitors and massive tubs of salted, heated water. It's really a fulltime job for a person to deal with.


Dinner was the finest - barbecue Slovakian chicken or tenderloin steak and Rossetti rice and salad.
Dessert was a special lemon dish which was exquisite. I don't usually eat much but I asked for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment