Saturday, April 19, 2014

Closet clearing

I'm glad there was a room at the Mission Best Western for Mark because there was no vacancy in Abbotsford this weekend.
When Mission built the motel it wasn't filled very often but now the city is busy and the race-way attracts a lot of visitors. When Willy and I walked along that sidewalk, it was just a bank with Delphiniums growing with their Monet colours of purple, nauve, pink and blue.  A little bit of nature before we came to the ABC restaurant. One would never believe the difference if they hadn't seen it with their own eyes.
Reminds me of when I went back to England and asked my sister to drive me to our old home in Hempstead and she refused. "It would break your heart to see how such a pretty village with houses and orchards such as ours were completely eliminated for high rises and sophistication of city life."


I sat in the studio room and watched as my son put the large closet in order, throwing out all that I could and labelling all the plastic drawers and boxes.
He took out the recyclables and garbage which included heavy items and I can now see what is where.
It seemed Willy's things turned up often and decisions had to be made. I found the small stuffed Husky dog he was given because he did jobs for a friend. He always kept it where he could see it. So many photographs. I'll package them up to send to Sweden.  I have a large box which will be labelled "Willy' so I can take my time to make choices about the articles.
I think of two ladies I knew who had to throw out every one of their photos. They both had sons who hadn't married, they didn't know what to do with photographs and of course there were no grandchildren. One was a weaver and had to give away her large loom. Their families had come to an end.


We had dinner downstairs and they had fixed the private dining room up festive for Easter. It was pleasant.


My son is transferring my old stuff from one lap-top to another newer one and taking me off from Netflix. He found where people are making comments on my Blog and thank you to those bringing words to me to make me feel more comfortable in this present role.
Sometimes, I like this technology.
signed -  being helped over losing Willy - Doris







No comments:

Post a Comment