Saturday, April 26, 2014

Cards

Twenty-five years ago I was in a card shop around Valentine's day and realized that day was over for me - no partner to send a valentine's day card to. Even though it's not anywhere near that day of love, I was looking for a birthday card for my friend and remembered I'm back to where I was then and Willy has gone.
These memories continually to pop up as I suppose they do to everyone else who had a partner who died. I so enjoyed being able to celebrate those days when Willy came along. I loved the cards he found for me at birthdays - always unusual - something no one else would ever have thought of buying but hitting the spot for me, summing up what I was about. He was clever.


I made an excursion to get supplies I needed and realized time had slipped by without me replenishing insulin, diabetic test strips and all that takes a woman to look half decent. I have lots of points at Shoppers so next time I'll get my luxury cream.


My other grand daughter phoned to say she has registered for her Practicum in Early childhood education and now her male friend is her boy-friend and he can drive her places. They are coming tomorrow morning which is nice - coincidence that two grand daughters are engaged at the same time!
In the afternoon Joy will come to get me from Maple Ridge to go to their place for dinner. Fun.


When I have company, time goes quickly so it helps.
signed - lucky to have grand-children Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment