Saturday, March 1, 2014

Party

I fretted about driving to the 50th birthday party of my friend because the TV said there was more snow coming again. And I thought of my children telling me "for Pete's sake - you can afford a taxi, why aren't you getting one to shop etc." So I did that.
It was such a jolly time and a surprise for the birthday boy to have some of his family from overseas appearing and his mother too. Hello Mea! I'm glad to hear you're tuning in to my Blog.
Another friend does so as well so this is splendid.


How important it is to have rituals to celebrate some occasions in life.
I'm really no good at "smoozing" with a lot of people whereas my former husband was the King of that sort of thing. When he died they said of him "He loved to party". whereas I shrink from it. However this party was just the right size so I enjoyed talking. And I was driven home.


While I was talking, someone said they'd escaped from Poland to Greece in the wild way we hear about in stories, eventually being sent to Fort McMurray, Canada for two years without having much English language. We got thinking that these stories should be put into writing.
It's like my father being in the army of occupation in Germany. He talked of going to the Ukraine, Silesia and other places but it was never written down so we don't know what he was doing there.


Makes me wonder if we'll ever hear something of my mother's brother or any relations in Germany - funny that my brother in Australia John, now has a German partner. "As the world turns."
nearly 90 and partying still - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment