Sunday, March 16, 2014

Mine's a Minor

In Piccadilly Square, London during the war time, I stood looking at all the propaganda posters and ad.s for various companies. One was simple and huge and had a young woman leaning against a wall smoking a cigarette and the wording said "Ten minutes to wait so mine's a Minor."
I guess for some reason the words stayed with me because every time I have ten minutes to wait I tell myself "Mine's a Minor" (without taking a smoke myself) and ten minutes doesn't seem so long !!!
I wondered why I would write a blog and now I know - I need to get all these funny quirks out of my brain!


Did you watch "Holy Money" on Passionate Eye? I think of the long time that Popes have disabused the church and the hypocrisy of the Holiness. How could it have existed so long without people questioning? I've just turned off the T.V. after seeing the documentary.


Willy was better when I visited and he was in the big wheelchair. They fitted him out with rolled up sheets in his back (he leans over to the side) Different clothes - I guess clothes get left behind when others die and they share them around. Willy's back is humped so it's extremely hard to get him into anything. But he can't talk - think his voice muscles have given up.


On the menu for today was to visit my long-term friend. I made myself get in the car and drive over and happily she was home and we talked non-stop. She has adopted one dog from a neighbour and is looking after another. She is a St.Francis of Assisi with dogs. She has bought my paintings and one especially is a very spiritual work. I got a thrill to see something that managed to reach a higher plane
than usual.
How valuable to us who paint and write to have these people believe in us.
signed non-smoking Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment