Monday, March 31, 2014

Who would have thought?

Okay - I thought I'd blogged yesterday but someone said it wasn't there to read. I had had a full day.


I went to the Volunteer's appreciation lunch at the arts centre. We are lucky to have Marilyn Davidson who decorates rooms to make you believe you're in the place where she wants to put you. So yesterday we were in an Italian restaurant. There were grapes hanging from the rafters, Italian flags and even the chairs were decorated in red and green. We had to go through red curtains and the tables had wine bottles with candles in them. There were bread-sticks in Italian tall glasses and menus a la Italy.
We had everything high class and three choices of pasta and teramasu  for dessert.
What I liked best, was good conversation at the table and you could feel the camaraderie in the room. The board of the arts council put it on and the mood was the best I've been to.


Mady and I talked about the Public art contest for Mission and she came up with a great idea. She's going to present it to the Mission council and we'll fund-raise to bring it to fruition. Wish us luck !!!!


Carrington had an open house. Now that Chartwell own both this place and Cedarbrook building, they share advertising etc. So there were masses of people touring both.
I rescued one lady here who was completely confused about where she was and how could she ever find her car???


My friend came for dinner. I'd booked the private dining room but when we got there the table was set for six and I thought another party was to come. But it was just because it looked nice for the Open House people. We had roast turkey dinner.


Brenda had bought me a small toaster oven and when I went to put it on, I couldn't find the wires to plug it in. I looked everywhere, So my friend checked the trunk of my car - it's black and poor lighting so I might not have seen it. She studied the oven and there was no connection for the wires. She turned it upside down and there, neat as a nurses made bed, were the wires all wound up and out of the way.
As I said - "Who would have thought they'd be there?"


It was Sunday so I had to watch the continuation of Masterpiece's "Mr.Selfridge" I'd watched the session last year and they left us hanging until now.
It's an excellent production and after this session they showed a shortened version of his real life. All that money and he landed up with nothing and was ousted from his own store/shop.
Drink - gambling - and women, women, women.


I picked up the biography of Queen Victoria. I wanted to know more about that Scotsman who she befriended after her husband died but this is up to when he died. Nevertheless, the first few pages are extraordinary as to royalties and their stupid lives and doings and if anyone reads just these pages, they'd scrap the ruddy organization immediately!!
It's written and researched so well.


signed oven-happy - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment