Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Book

I mailed my "The artist and the bicycle man" book to Chicago.
My son Norman lives and works there. He has a friend who wants an autographed book from me.
Guess I should get the thing that Margaret Atwood has which allows her to autograph your book through the Internet. You buy the book and you are asked what your name is - You see Margaret Atwood on Skype and a machine autographs her signature directed to your name!
It's better and cheaper to order from Amazon but the friend is right - having the signature is better. It cost $16.15 for me to mail it.
This son is a computer whiz and has all kinds of experiences with different corporations but now works for the research dept. of Chicago University for diabetes and Alzheimer's.


I did business at the bank and bought new kind of needles from Shoppers Drug Mart. I bleed or bruise often when I inject insulin so I'm hoping these will be better. They are BD U/FINE NANO Pen needles in case anyone else is interested. I'm now up to 32 units of Levimer insulin. But many people here have 50 units.


Went to see Brenda and she's got her place looking really nice now and her Lemon tree was infested so her son pressure washed it and it's fine today!
 I reminded her of how much support she's given me over the years with my art. She has modelled for me, taken photographs and bought my work. She has been important to me.


We don't stand alone in the world. Many people go to make what we are.


signed books going to the USA  Doris







No comments:

Post a Comment