Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Globe and Mail day

Saturday is Globe and Mail day. Years and years of Saturday Globe and Mail day.


I feel cast adrift if something prevents me from getting it. I don't know who delivers it right to my door here but I'm glad they do.
First I look for my horoscope, then immediately forget what it said. My great-granddaughter looks at hers after the day is done which is a good idea.
It usually is very blah - saying today will be hard/good/not so good. Something like fortune tellers; if they search around long enough they'll pick up some prophecy which will ring true. Having said that, I went to three fortune tellers in my life. They were uncannily true.
The first one was when I was single in England and this is what she said.
"You will marry a man who comes from another country. Actually the town where he comes from straddles two countries and I see a ship going along a street in this town."
Result.
Ted (my former husband)came from the city of Cornwall Ontario which is on the border of USA and Canada.
At the bottom of the main street there was a canal and as I stood at the top of this street looking down (after I came here of course) a ship was going along the canal looking as if it was on the street !!!
Now who would have conjured that up? I hadn't even met Ted yet.


So I was in Canada for about six months and we visited Ted's uncle who was known to tell the future.
He said, "You will be asked to look after a teen-ager. It will be very hard for you. After you've had him quite a long time, you will have pressure from someone for him to be returned to the person who sent him. If you refuse and he stays with you, you will be millionaires. But if you give in and send him back, you will always struggle with finances.
Result.
 My teen age brother hated my father because he married another woman after six weeks of our mother dying. He rebelled and my father asked him if he wanted to come to Canada to live with us. We had a business which was going bankrupt. If he had stayed with us, he could have baby-sat the two children while I took over at the shop. I let him return to my father because it was too expensive to educate and have him with us when we were struggling. We certainly never got to be millionaires.
And the third one looked at the lines of my hand.


He said, "You have tremendous energy and spirit. And because you have this straight line going up on your right hand, you will be extremely rich."
Result.
I feel my spirit strongly and I'm still waiting to be rich!
signed strong Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment