Sunday, March 9, 2014

Healing

Even though I'm high in Potassium as I've said before, I find my blood sugar is good when I have fresh fruit so today I got pears, mangoes, grapes and some avocados. Also got some California rice rolls for my dinner.
Also got birthday cards for March birthdays. Think there's only one month when the family is birthday-free.


Checked in to see Willy and I was so happy to see him sleeping, curled up on his side (as he used to sleep with me) and they had plumped the pillows so his head was resting in a better way and he looked comfortable.
His breathing was so much better - I don't think I could stand to hear that awful rattle in his chest for long. The antibiotics seem to be working although he isn't eating yet.


Not wanting to wake him because sleep is healing, I took some plastic bags and filled them with the contents of his drawer.  Got to tidy up for the move. So many get-well, Christmas and birthday cards - he does love getting them - I should say did because I don't think they register any more. Some old photos, one sock, old stock statements and calendars, old Kleenexes. I'll go through everything soon.


I thought of the lady who has a husband here with Parkinson's. The doctor called her in about two weeks ago because her husband didn't have long to live. I happened to pass their room and he was trying to lash out at her with frustration but now he's back to normal. It can be an emotional merry-go-round for family,


Talked to a husband who comes every day for his wife - they're both early seventies. Too young.


Leaving Willy's room I come across the lady I told you has just been transferred to Pleasantview from Carrington. She was agitated and shaking but recognised me. "I've got an orange cat and I brought him here but I don't know where he is now. I think my son has forgotten where I am and I'm ready to go home. If you see him will you tell him I have need of him please."
 I find a care-aid to calm her down and I'm sorry - she's such a sweet lady but it's right that she's here because she will have more care.
I thank our guardian angels that we live in Mission and Willy is well cared for.
signed grateful Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment