Sunday, March 23, 2014

My ninety-six year old friend

My friend and I talked today about life and the end of it. She'll be 97 soon and thinks she'll be glad to "go" anytime soon. She did have a fall but other than pain in her back, she's alert and participating in activities here.
I told her she can't leave yet because I talk more to her than anyone else !!!!


Joy and her partner are coming for dinner tonight because it's roast beef. I didn't get wine. I'm leaving that to others these days because it's too tedious to get to the liquor store, carry bottles to the car and down the corridor to dinner. From now on it will only be me and dinner for entertainment.


Someone's put a whole lot of biography books in the social lounge - ones I'd never choose myself but they look interesting. Martin Luther King - Russ Perot (sp) etc.
Trouble is they're big and fat and I can't slice them up to read because they don't belong to me. I'll try to manage but my wrists complain.
Finally finished Nelson Mandela and still think there are too many names, trials and side stories for the average Joe to read. As I said, he could have made a history book and then a personal story.
I have read Winnie Mandela's book and it gives another slant to the their lives. I noticed she was at his funeral which was good.
Still come to the conclusion that if you're going to make a difference in the world to that degree, you have to let family matters slide. Case of Either - or -.


Talk about a whopping surprise that the income tax person phoned. Can't wait to get the final summary.
Wish I could share that good news with Willy. They phoned to say he fell out of bed again. He's always fighting - like Nelson Mandela - whether it's against orders or what he wants to wear.
signed thankful I can still read - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment