Friday, March 7, 2014

Flowers

Well I received the flowers from the Florist. Lovely deep red roses and deep magenta Lupin-like blossoms in an unusual pink vase. It was from someone I admire who wished to thank me but I haven't done anything to warrant it.
But it was nice because it was so unexpected and the days have been grimey and I'm waiting for cherry blossoms and Forsythia outside which looked encouraging until they gave in to the cold.


I've stayed in to get a project done and have accomplished same. I've tidied up and rid my desk of the throes of letters and papers which keep coming at me because of income tax and Willy's move and finances and health things. And I shortened two 'tops' which I haven't worn as they were too long for me.


I'm loving the book on Charles Dickens' life except after an hour or so reading everything he does every day, I feel as if I've been whizzing around on one of the twirly rides at Disneyland. He was a strange man sometimes, always wanted young women around him, even setting up a home for young prostitutes so he could turn their lives around. Of course he had a wealthy patron to do those sort of things. I'm not suggesting he made use of the prostitutes, other than using them as characters in his stories, but then he had his sister-in-law as a "pet" he called her. When she died he suffered tremendous grief. Then the other sister in law when he had set his wife up elsewhere, came to look after him.
But Boy! he can write.


On the phone a lot today - must go out to check on the bank tomorrow. There are twenty men from high banks and Bitcoin who have recently committed suicide so got to look after my account!!!!!
signed At least I didn't go into Bitcoin - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment