Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Disability clothing

Kind of nice thing getting a phone call from Amber of Disability clothing. She offered to go to Willy today and get his measurements for fitting the clothes I ordered with the easy access to fit him. Not many people would do that in such a hurried world as this. I'm very grateful (I say that word a lot lately) because I don't like having to park on Main street where her shop is located with hardly any spaces available.


My friend wanted to pick me up to see her sculpture and she has fashioned pieces of wood to make abstract work. Impressive.
And we had dinner together at her place which was a surprise and a bonus.


What was so lovely was that she was volunteering at the art centre and got to talk with two young women. One came from Langley and one from Surrey and do you know why?
One lady's sister had received one of my books and wanted others but couldn't find where they were sold. They came all that way so they could buy five of my books !!!!
Seems as though word is spreading that my books are good reading material.
My friend told them to come when we had our show in June/July and I could sign them.


Oh Boy!! We discussed having the celebration of my 90th birthday on opening day of our show - that's the 28th June. Not quite my birthday but very close. The darling lady said she wouldn't mind it happening on that day so who knows? It would be good marketing but I don't want to take the high-light away from her.


Tomorrow I give the talk - keeping my fingers crossed that it is good enough.


signed  talking Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment