Saturday, March 29, 2014

Blankness

Visited Willy today and for the first time he didn't recognise me!
It's very hurtful. But his eyes were completely blank and nothing registered in them.
He even didn't know my voice for a long while.


Pleasantview looked as if it had been taken over by Jamaica. I wonder if it's the start of the new union moving in. They were not efficient in the English language.
I called on the nurse to find out how he was doing but she said she had nothing to do with him - the other nurse looked after him.
I didn't know they had two nurses.
Eventually this lady came and said yes, Willy's chest is congested so they put him to bed but will try to get him up to have his dinner.


I collected bags of his clothes yet again and not only were they heavy to carry to the car but my heart was heavy too.
Maybe we shouldn't keep him living like this - I know he wouldn't have wanted it if he'd been in his right mind. He'd spoken before that he never wanted it to be me to look after him if he got sick. He said he's be like an animal and just get lost somewhere.


We had perogies for lunch so I asked for double portion and had the extra for dinner.
My blood sugar and blood pressure is good but now I have indigestion so I'll go and get a Tums.
signed joining the crowd eating Tums - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment