Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Feeling my age

I was so achey this morning that I thought 'I had a bug'. Maybe I walked about too long yesterday on the concrete floor of the Mall.
Nothing would stop me from doing 'the chore of the day' which was to take the income tax into the bank for 'inter-office' mail so it would go to Vancouver to the invisible entities there so they will tell Willy and I how much we owe the Government. Lucky I waited till today because I got a T3 in the mail and was able to throw it in with the rest. I don't know what a T3 is actually but trust they'll send it back if it's not needed. (This is how I manage finances!)
It used to be a time of great concentration for Willy and forms and statements were all over the place - not in a mess because he knew what he was doing but there were so many divergent stocks and funds.
I checked our accounts and all is in order.


It was like an oven in Willy's room, the curtains were closed and he was as warm as a baked potato. I put down the thermometer ( he always pronounced it thermo - meter.) and got him some water to drink.
The activity lady and her assistant came. Earlier they had to rescue Willy out of his small wheelchair because he fell asleep in it and was falling out. They are to hide the small one and insist that he make the change to the large one to allow him to sleep in it. The staff will wheel him in future and that's that.


The two poles which I had put in for him to hang on to were gone - put away somewhere but I said I'd paid for them and would take them home to Carrington (if they can find them.)


No one can understand what he's saying. I can pick up some words and he thought the truck was driving on the highway and no one was driving it. Then he wanted to make sure we had eggs. I used that to remind him how important it was that we had eggs for him to make hot-cakes after his early walks and there was a hint of a smile from him.
signed - not an accountant Doris

1 comment:

  1. Asking Google What is a T3 got this answer (confusing but I'm sure the invisible entities know what it means!):
    A T3, or a Statement of Trust Income Allocations and Designations, is an information slip prepared and issued by financial administrators and trustees to tell you and the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) how much income you received from investment in mutual funds in non-registered accounts, from business income trusts or income from an estate for a given tax year

    ReplyDelete