Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Doctor's call.

Willy's doctor called.
Was kind and gentle in all he said which is this.


"From what I gather from the nurses at Pleasantview, Willy has had some incidents leading me to believe he is having episodes called "heart block."
When he was in Hospital he was examined by a cardiologist and it was determined that he has this problem as well as his Bronchitis.
Surgery could be done. Heart monitoring could be done which means Abbotsford Hospital or Pace-maker put in.
What do you think Willy would like to have done? Or would you say let nature take its course?"


I told the doctor that he has refused:-
 dental help for rotten teeth.
medicine for Parkinson's. (which he has been given in spite of his refusal. He thinks it is a vitamin dose)
Cataract removal (which I thought was awful to refuse but was told it was HIS decision)
He is ninety-three years old and would probably refuse any operation in his original frame of mind.


It's almost like being asked if you should take someone off life-support!
It's not pleasant.


I asked the doctor is he still able to make the move to the new building. His answer was "Yes"
What did he think of the situation. I gathered it was the same as I thought - Let nature be his friend as it always was with him.


I understand now the extra concern for his care the care-aids gave him when I visited and the social worker trying to breach the subject by phone to me and Sharon coming in the room to talk. They want to know how I'm dealing with it but don't want to push me. I told her I'd made arrangements with the local funeral parlour for both Willy and I and have recorded our wishes and selected the box for ashes and it's even priced already.


I have a plastic box marked Wills and funerals with anything pertaining to it in there. Which reminds me There is a list of whatever goes to whoever but that's all changed since I moved to this place. (must up-date it) I've been doing what I can for giving the children some item.
 NO FIGHTS ALLOWED!
Neither Willy or I have valuable things, neither of us wanted more than we needed. We are good people.


But you never can tell with Willy - he has overcome massive humps before and he still may out-live me. he asked for his brother the other day but his brother and wife in Sweden are in a worse state than he is. Alzheimers.
I've sent his niece his father's ring and cufflinks. All else are articles I have bought him along the way.
It's fortunate that I've been able to look after his affairs and we have had each other for twenty-four years and I hope I'm telling the doctor the right thing to do.
signed hoping Willy doesn't have pain - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment