Friday, January 24, 2014

Willy's move

Barbara came with me to the meeting about Willy's impending move to a new building which is supposed to be state of the art!
It was run in a good way except there always has to be someone who talks in the audience during the information so I called the speaker to do something about it which she did.
The staff of Pleasantview will not automatically go to the new place (The naming of which is waiting for a million dollar donor to present him/herself so he can have his/her name on it !) It's a different union but they can apply for casual jobs there.


One lady enquired as to was there any help for her because she was the sole care-giver for her mother and her husband and there was no one else in the family and what if something happened to her would these residents be cared for and how?
The social worker said yes - I'll will help you with a Public Trustee.
So many sad cases and such caring, devoted people who want the best for their loved ones.


As we came into Pleasantview a care-aid told me Willy had found out how to get into his bed - as he was trying to do when \I saw him last time, he was wrapped in the bed cover and snoring away so he didn't have his lunch.
After the meeting we saw him looking like a bear who was ready for hibernation, wrapped like in a cocoon and still asleep. He recognised me said "I can't drive the big wheelchair." After that I couldn't make any sense of what he was saying and his voice was almost gone.
The hated wheelchair stood in the corner with the other one but I know he will not try out the large one because he tried it when he was able and his brain would not tell his hands to use the wheel.
I called at the desk to make sure they know to wheel him to meals. He should be in that phase now.
I'll have to check that it is carried out.


I have a massive urge to complete those three canvasses. There will be a messy area in my studio room and that bothers me but I must get them done and think about putting away my painting equipment. I've ordered some print-outs to inform people of our show in July so they can mark their calendars.


When Willy dies there will be so much work to do that I won't have time to devote to anything else. I've heard enough stories about clearing up estates to make my hair curl !
Signed  at the moment straight-haired Doris



1 comment:

  1. Dear Doris, thank you for being so brave by sharing your thoughts with the world! Mady.

    ReplyDelete