Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Eye of the storm

I'm used to confronting strange things coming from the unconscious when I paint but have no idea where this "Eye of the storm" comes from. It's nothing to do with the life I'm living and yet it's here and I can't do anything about it because the paint is heavily opaque and can't be changed.
It doesn't fit in with any other painting I've done and I'm not happy with it but there it has to stay and probably won't be in the up-coming show. I'll put it up in the studio to study it but doubt whether I can improve it.


My friend was to come today for lunch but about 10 a.m. I was seized by a violent attack of diarrhea (think that's the first time I've typed that word and haven't had to check the dictionary) As there are cases of the flu in the building I thought it had got to me and was quick to phone and cancel our arrangement. What do you know? She had the same thing happen to her! So we'll be in touch later.
I think it was probably the meal I had in the restaurant which upset me even though it seemed harmless. Who knows about these things but as long as one gets over it, it's good.


Called to see Willy but there were no parking spaces anywhere near Pleasantview. Round and round I went, finally parked in ten minute zone and popped in to check how he was. When I ask how he is he says "So and So." He was about the same.


I got a letter mailed to the other niece in Sweden which I've been going to do for ages and up-dated her on Willy's condition.
I found some more things to go in the Plastic box and put away older income tax files.
I culled older food from the fridge and garbaged flowers which had been so pretty but were finished, did coloured washing, missing a Kleenex which had been in a pocket - consequently bits and flakes of Kleenex sticking to the clean clothes and dropping EVERYWHERE in the apartment and worked on the above painting so obviously didn't have the flu which is good.


My kidneys hurt - made a doctor's appointment for Monday afternoon.


I've got to visit the library here or go to a book store for more books to read. I love to read a well-written book.


signed painter of strange works - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment