Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Out on the Busy Bus

Carrington shares a bus with another assisted living place and Laura, the activity person here is a very good driver and tries to make trips a jolly time.
Ten residents went today to have lunch at "Brambles" on the outskirts of Abbotsford.
It's a Nursery and the owner's daughter wanted to set up a Bistro in the barn like structure as she is a chef.
I said it would never work but once again I didn't know it could blossom into one of the best lunch places. It is a massive success and everyone is happy with a different kind of menu and everything is well done (not the steak of course).
It was foggy and raining out but we all enjoyed the outing. I bought the tiniest little glass pot with snowdrops in it. They're man-made but look so real they fool everyone. It gives me pleasure.


The doctor has called me in yet again. I'll put it off until next week, I don't know why he doesn't just tell me on the phone.


Haven't been able to get to the painting again. They are on my mind all the time but I need a space of time, change into a painting smock, stop fiddling with all the other things to do and devote hours to it. I'm setting my alarm for 8:15 a/m. - it will give me an extra 15 minutes. By the time I've washed, cleaned my teeth, taken my blood pressure, blood sugar, insulin and pills, got my breakfast ready, fixed my hair, put my make-up on, rubbed cream into my poor dry arms and legs and decided what to wear, changed my mind and found something else, I'm ready for a nap before I go to my lunch at 11:30 a.m.  Then there's Willy to visit and e-mail and collect and attend to mail and phone calls and the day has disappeared!


I'm really not complaining because I'm glad I'm busy. I just need to organize better I think. But all the things we older people have to do before we get going reminds me of a song I heard about an old fellow talking about his wife undressing to go to bed. She puts her glasses on the chair, then her teeth, her wig and her artificial leg so he says he's going to sleep on that chair "because there's more of her there!"
Signed  Not so artificial Doris




Heard that Dark chocolate is okay for Diabetics. The kind with mostly cocoa. Well it's not for me I know now!



No comments:

Post a Comment