Thursday, January 9, 2014

Willy

Phone call this morning from Pleasantview. Willy fell again. Looks like he was trying to get out of bed and got caught between the pole and the bed. Told the nurse he was going to walk to Winnipeg!!
She will call the doctor if she thinks he needs it but nothing broken. She said he's deteriorating.


I couldn't sleep last night and watched the clock tick away endlessly thinking I've got to get ready for him to die. He looks in good shape but his eyes tell it all, they are either blank or far away. He wants to be left alone and not bothered with trying to work out what people are saying or asking him to do things. I'll try to see him again because I know I represent security to him. I was so thankful yesterday for that glimmer of his laugh lines.
Willy's old walker with wheels is easier to manage and I can sit on the seat if necessary.
Brenda is to take me for blood test tomorrow. I have high Potassium and must ease up on the fruit which I enjoy.


Tonight at 4:30 staff brought my dinner although I said not to do so. (they worry I'm not eating enough.) The meat is enough for a lion and the same nausea comes when I look at mashed potatoes and yams. I much prefer a lady-like serving they have at lunch. I told them okay they can bring Sunday's dinner which is usually special. I appreciate this service but will try to cancel it in a day or so because it will give me a walk and I won't get nervous now because I can rest  half-way - it's 214 steps to the dining room and the same coming back.


I would say I'm doing quite well with combination of Tynenol and a quarter of the knock-out  pill.
signed Getting better - Doris







No comments:

Post a Comment