Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Silhouettes

Joy took little Cara, five years old, to get some Depend diapers for me when I was ill. I was afraid I couldn't reach the bathroom in time not to have an accident.
Cara was amazed and said "I didn't know adult people wore diapers."
If you've ever seen an aisle in a Pharmacy or Super store where they sell these things, it's an learning lesson.
There are extra thin liners with wings and thin liners without wings.
There are medium and maxi liners.
There are this kind of pull-up diaper and that kind of other ones make until your head spins.
How do you know which size or type will be good for you? I asked Joy to get me a large size because I couldn't bear anything pressing on the kidney area. I could have fitted two of me in them and it's a good job my bathroom mirror stops at my mid-section because I would have howled with laughing if I'd seen the rest.
It was Cara who spied the Silhouettes. She read out the wording to Joy saying "These are the very best Gramma. We should get these for Grams (me the great- grandmother)Size medium is just right and they are an improvement over the others and I've just heard that it's common knowledge amongst the elderly here.
Who would have guessed that I would wear them but I'm glad I've worked through the forest to find the right tree in the end.


Walked to lunch without tiring. Laura brought daffodils to my table (I have a weakness for them) and then she played soft music on the piano which I really enjoyed.
I started composing my talk and it took off. it will change in the end but at least I have started.
I'm going back to taking only one Arthritic Tynenol at night as I did before and replacing small aspirin. No other pills so that's an improvement.


Last night watched a movie called "Middle School" It was impressive - thought it was going to have a 'Hallmark' ending but it didn't. signed learning Silhouettes Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment