Saturday, January 25, 2014

The three canvasses

Yes, the three canvasses have been primed with gesso and finally I go to the large closet to find my paints and brushes. They're in two large plastic boxes on the top shelf. I get my grabber bar to ease them out and they fall with a crash and spill all over the floor.
Keep calm Doris - take your time to lean down to pick up a few - rest and then slowly lean down to reach some more tubes of acrylic. Remember your sore muscles.


Okay - do I continue the rainbow theme?
Do I paint in an unconscious way?
Do I just start with anything?
There's no guide so I just plow on some paint using the acrylic straight from the tubes.


Some tubes have dried up. I don't hesitate to get rid of them. Can't dilly dally around with save or not save. I see a box of medical rubber gloves on the shelf - I have no idea why I bought them. I put them on my hands to push the paint around on the canvas. At least I've got a sort of base to work on. And the painting takes hold to tell me what it wants to be!


The paint seems to shape into a rainbow. I leave the oranges so they remain pure and know that it wants to continue my theme. I'll respect this guide and continue refining it.
Signed painting Doris.

No comments:

Post a Comment