Wednesday, January 22, 2014

lost again

I'm going to Vancouver General hospital with Brenda after lunch so won't write much today. She's to see a dentist.


Yes, I've been lost because I couldn't get into writing on my blog. Seems life gets you lost with illness or on the blog whether you like it or not!


I'm walking to the dining room without the walker. Residents are cheering me on when I see them - cute!
I even drove yesterday and my darling buddy car started fine even though it's been three weeks or more since I've even looked at it. (21 years old - the car - not me)


Went to see Willy and wished I had my camera - he had his legs somewhat on his bed and his bottom sagging between the bed and the wheelchair and his torso just hanging on the edge of his wheelchair. It took two care-aids and me to hoist him up. I took him to his new place in the dining room ( so they can feed him) put his bib on and he turned on me in anger saying he's had his dinner. But of course he hadn't.
Well I guess if he can be angry he still has some of his wits about him but it affects me.


I'm wondering if I'll ever catch up with my lost days. Of course I could stop watching TV at night but last night saw the life of Jerry Silinger (sp) who wrote Catcher in the Rye and I was riveted by it.
Signed lost, happier and riveted Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment