Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Hello 2014! Mark refused to go home and is still here today. He bought multi plastic drawers and has been sorting out my large - almost room-sized - closet so all "extras" are now in a proper order, each having its own drawer. He got them from Wal-Mart and London Drugs and they are stacked drawers, some having wheels so I can wheel them in another place if I want. What heaven! I'm starting the new year with a clean slate as regards a neater place to live in.
That's the trouble with me. I have too many interests which require too much stuff.

Care-aid from "We Care" will come for an hour once a day for a week. (Private billing) They are scheduled to "do anything I ask them to do". This morning she washed my pillow-case. My pillow is too wide for the standard pillow-cases and I only had a large flannel one which fit without scrunching up the pillow and making it too hard for my head. The care-aid was mortified it was so old, saying it should be replaced by getting a seamstress to make one.
When I am well, I can cancel their contract twenty-four hours ahead. I can also call for a foot-doctor and make an appointment for him to come here for $50.00. I'll ask for him to come, that's for sure
She did the dishes and she washed my dry, dry legs with coconut oil soap and creamed them with coconut oil.

I walked a bit without the walker. I know now there's some improvement and as long as I'm careful  it's going to be all right. And so begins the new year. Assisted Doris.

2 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure you'll be able to abolish the "assisted" portion of your signature "Assisted Doris" pretty soon, as long as you have this good care and make sure you rest plenty and are careful with your movements. Good luck and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Mark for helping out, wish I could help out too. Getting up and moving is a good thing as long as it does not hurt. Take care.

    ReplyDelete