Thursday, January 30, 2014

Pete Seegar

Just watching Pete Seegar on the television. What an example of a single person with a basic instrument (banjo) who reached out to so many.
I watched his delivery with his singing and he knew exactly how to pace the words of his songs. There were always smiles and a steady rhythm even in the sad ballads.
he quoted someone as saying "You can't set out to conquer the whole world but you can start with voicing your thoughts locally." I believe this too.
He died the other day.


I had my hair permed. Told Jackie it sure helped for her to have given me a good perm which held up during my 'troubles' - at least I didn't have to worry about looking not only like the tin man but the scare-crow too!
Norma came to talk to her and it was SO good to see she is recovering from her fall.
In the elevator I met Fred who is the jolliest fellow, he said he'd missed me where had I gone so I told him about changing my eating time.


Not the just the past New Year but the one before, a small group met up in the social lounge and Fred was there and John and Felix and it just turned out to be such an impromptu wonderful party and we laughed so much.


I went to the credit union and asked for the lady who years ago had helped me get Willy to agree to be on my bank account with me. She spent an hour with me and enlightened me towards certain situations about executors and wills. I felt more secure. I like dealing with this credit union.


I went to the library here to find books to read but out of the hundreds there, only a tiny few are what I want to read. I saw the huge number of fiction books written by certain writers in Romance. How can they stand to stay with the same formulas over and over?


My son phoned from Wpg. to plan his visit and told me that Brenda has left already for her trip.


The fire-men came to test all alarms but happily I was under the hair dryer and didn't hear all the bing-bings going continually.


How quickly the days go by - but at least we can go out and drive around not like most of north America - what a tie-up in Georgia  - three cms of snow and people just left their cars on the highway because everyone came to a stop!


signed - nicely permed Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment