Monday, January 13, 2014

I'm joining society!

It was fine to walk to the dining room with Willy's walker (sounds like Willy Wonka).
When I sat down at my table quite a few people came to say they were glad to see me back and how was I doing. I was touched by that.


Guess once you've known someone like Bud who used to enter the dining room with a jig (dance) and sing a song - any song - right through before he sat down.  He was loud but always laughing and telling stories and you'd talked to him one night and he was dead the next. Everyone is relieved when the person who was absent for a while appears in their usual place and you exhale your breath and are happy again.


Before I fell, I'd bought some winter pants from a firm who came to Carrington and had things on sale but the pants  needed to be shortened and a top needed hemming so that was my goal for today and I accomplished it all right. Feels so good to have SOMETHING done.


Mornings are still painful, I'm now weaned off the knock-out drops but take the new Tynenol.


Had some nice phone calls and accepted two invites, one for lunch and one for dinner.  Friday and Saturday. It'll be good to be with my friends.


Haven't been able to get my blood-work done but Brenda says tomorrow we'll do it.


Been thinking of the talk I'm to give at the Business and Professional Women's club in March.
Got me thinking what a Professional really means and was surprised to see in the Dictionary - it doesn't mean you have to have a degree. So I think I have quite a lot of ideas under that category and I'm going to start playing with the idea.
signed Doris is playing now.







No comments:

Post a Comment