Thursday, January 2, 2014

Sore Doris

My friend gave me a sample of Tibetan tea that he bought on his tour of China. It's a black mess of twigs and crumbly stuff that looks like Hash. I wanted him to take some home so Lorna could try it. He said "I'd better not."
He couldn't get a hotel room in Mission the third night here because it was New Year's Eve. Our hotel was full and is connected to a bar. People didn't want to drink and drive. He went to Abbotsford Best Western (he thought it was great) and on the way there, was stopped by police for a breathalyzer test and he sure was happy he wasn't carrying Tibetan tea !!!

My other son Paul came with his wife and children (he also lives on the Island in Saanich). It was a happy reunion for us all. When I held his hand I found it roughened with hard work. He never stops working. Ella showed me her art on the I-pad (amazing). Joshua told me about the Advent Calendar which had Lego people in the slots and how he's good at Math. Jackie did a good painting of Brenda and she wants to get back to painting but works two days a week now. Joshua said he misses being walked to school but Jackie job is in a school just across the way from his so she's close by. Ella said when her Dad was away one time, she blew him a kiss. It went all around the world, then hit his cheek just fine.

Tom (Mary's husband) brought up two containers of her wonderful - all inclusive - soup which can stand for perfect dinners as it has new potatoes, cauliflower, other veggies, spaghetti and hearty meatballs.

I did a bit more walking around today but had to take more muscle relaxant pills. I know I'm mending but I still hurt.   Sore Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment