Wednesday, January 8, 2014

a sorry day

Joy came to take me to see Willy. He'd had a fall and had been agitated because I couldn't go to have Christmas lunch with him.
As we were walking in, the dietician was spooning him his meal, rubbing his back in sympathy and talking to him in a caring way. He looked at us but it didn't register that it was us. Woomp! It isn't good. Joy thought he'd had a minor stroke because of some symptoms. His speech has deteriorated. He said "We'd better plant a tree." and then, "We should get flowers" I knew he meant I should have flowers because I've been sick. As we took him to his room the Dietician stopped me and told me he hasn't been able to use his utensils for eating and can't find his mouth and sometimes puts his fingers to his mouth area but hasn't any food in them. He will probably go into the proper dining room where there is more staff to feed him.
He looks good but his left eye runs with goo and his nose runs. He promptly fell asleep but after a while woke up and I wanted him to be sure he knew I had come and it was good we did because for some reason his laugh lines appeared on his face and he told Joy the story of when he bought a Toyota Tercel for me because I didn't want to drive his manual-geared truck and told me - okay drive around the block when I hadn't driven for nine years. He had laughed then at how scared I was but how gleeful I looked when it went so easily and even went too fast.


So I try not to feel guilty about leaving him so long without visiting but I feel better today and am not taking the knock-out pills so much but doc. said I could use the new Tynenol for body pain which is easier on the fuzziness.


Joy and I walked to the social lounge and by that time pain was negligible.


More bad news came but not to do with Willy or me. Life seems to throw these things at us in clusters. 
For my situation I know I will recover and take up my activities soon. The Activity director said she wants me to do a reading from my books soon.


seeing the sad but getting ready to be strong enough to take it - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment