Saturday, January 4, 2014

doris is here

I nearly lost my blog - oh dear! Paul resurrected it.
 But I had a good day with improvement and my daughter Joy and little Cara coming and walking me up the corridor. Joy will come Monday to see if I can get to go to a doctor.
Joy took down my small Christmas tree to the storage place downstairs and Cara cut down the silver stars from the balcony railing.
Which reminds me that in Saturday's Globe and Mail which I have delivered here, is an article about Winnipeg's latest tourist place - it is massive - which critics say either resembles 'the finger' or a Kaiser's helmet but the architect said he wanted it to look like a dove folding its wings over the building. It is a museum for humankind financed by many different people, Izzy Asper's daughter and governments. I liked the photograph of the interior which is lit by multi glassed forms AND HAS STAIR WALLS THAT GO FROM THE BASES AND UP TO THE RAILINGS  DONE WITH TRANSLUSCENT ALABASTER !!! How lovely and artistic.
It is Winnipeg's Eiffel Tower.

Was woken at 8 a.m. by a phone call from Pleasantview to say Willy had fallen but everything okay. Seems no-one has the message that he was told that I can't go to see him because of my fall.

I've cancelled "We Care" after tomorrow and glad to know we can get their help.

Sorry to say my former sister-in-law Connie has died during stent surgery. It leaves only one child from five in my former husband's family which is hard to take for Helen.

I've got two stories about my paintings:-
The first is an egg-tempura painting of a well-rounded lady (my friend Yvonne) who persuaded me to live in Vancouver island. I had a project under Robin Field (wonder teacher) which was to paint a series of ten works in tempera of important people to me in my community.
It was painted OVER THIRTY YEARS AGO and was in a solo show I had in Maple Ridge public gallery fifteen years ago.
A lady from that city loved it and remembered me, so when she knew where I lived, wanted to buy it.
It had become scratched - ruined - so I threw it away, cutting it up because egg tempera is hard to store anyway.
Mady put it on my face-book because she had data-based my old work. My care-aid saw it and understood that I had honored well-rounded women and she knew my friend was sad to leave her home she had shared with her late husband. She loved the painting too.

Sorry - It's hard on my back to stay here so must go for now - can't tell the other story now - Proud of the painting which showed great feeling - still painting - Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment