Saturday, January 18, 2014

Pheasant for dinner

I like to experience unusual food, see modern design, find out about other cultures and stretch my knowledge in all directions.
We went to Heritage Park restaurant and I chose Pheasant with polenta.
I won't have it again but now I know what it tastes like. Drier than chicken and edible but not my favourite.
I was glad that Valerie shared my slice of cheesecake otherwise I would have sunk my new idea of not consuming milk products.


What was important was Mary wanted us to have a break from routine and to get together after not having seen each other for a while. And it was good.


Joy and Dario came for a visit - he's home from work in Nanaimo but has to go back on Monday. He's much in demand as a reputable pipe-fitter and the Government has jobs for him. It means he's away from home quite a bit and he's sent to out-of-the way places which are no Palm Springs let me tell you.


I received a darling white basket filled with Spring flowers from Laura. My goodness, it sure lightens up any place to have that colour in the house.


One more day and I go to the doctor's.  I'm feeling so much better except for the mornings. My friend phoned that she also fell down the back steps on the way to the garden. She doesn't have a Life-line and could have been in real trouble. I said for her to phone Community services and they'll direct her to get a Life-line and I understand there's one which will even reach help if you're outside in the yard

No comments:

Post a Comment