Sunday, January 26, 2014

The plastic box

I DID get out a plastic box. Had to dump many tubes of acrylic paint out and actually found the first thing to go into it. It's a paper I got from the local funeral home telling me the steps to take when a person dies.
I see where it says I'm supposed to notify Pleasantview that I have connected to the funeral home so they will know which place will collect the body.
Once that is over with I go to the funeral home to sign paper work.
Once the cremation is done, someone will go to pick up the ashes and pay the bill.
They have quoted $1900 for cremation and 395.00 for the wooden box to put the ashes in. I know there will be some unexpected expenses as well.
Both Willy and I require only basic service from the funeral parlour. He doesn't want a "Celebration of Life" but I do and wish to have it here at Carrington. They have said there will not be a charge (guess it's good for marketing to have lots of people see the facilities here) but we will give them a donation.
Both of our ashes will be strewn close to he bench behind Pleasantview. We walked many times to that spot and sat listening to the birds. It was peaceful and we thought of it as "our bench".


I talked with May about something I may have missed regarding all this but she said it's not so bad if you don't have property but make sure you keep the original death certificate (It has red typing at the top) and get lots of copies because everyone wants one.


I came across a typed letter from T.D. Bank and a card with a name on it saying they will be the co-executor of our estate. I'm going to do something about that tomorrow.
I'll make a bet that that particular man will no longer be there.


So my plastic box has started to accumulate the necessary forms and instructions for both Willy and I in the event of our deaths.


I've been working on the three canvasses. One I think will be called "Molten Rainbow" - another "The eye of the storm" and the other I don't know. The painting of them is rugged and leaning towards angry and I don't know why because I'm not angry.
They are not finished by a long shot so I will stack them around and try not to fuss with them. If I start picking at them, the immediacy will be gone and instead of raw-looking (therefore powerful) they will be controlled and tamed but there lies the danger of painting.











No comments:

Post a Comment