Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Writer's party

Today it was 6 below zero for a while and the people who came in from outside said it was bitter cold and the wind bit their cheeks.
There's some walking to do from the parking lot when I go to see Willy so I told him if it was either snowing or too cold, I would not go to visit him. Two years ago I got stuck halfway from the parking lot to the building and I couldn't get my feet out from the snow to take the next step. I had to wait until two people came to my rescue and somehow got me going again. It was then that I told Willy, I'm getting older and snow clearing is slow to clear around there. I feel all at odds about missing a day though. I feel guilty and troubled because he never had friends and he'd rather not socialize. On the other hand he knew scads of people and they knew him - but that's not what we women call friends.


I'm getting T4s and 5s and you have to tear off a copy for your records but they don't say which is the copy on some of them. I have to have 2 plastic boxes - one for the ones for income tax and one for the copies. How can they say this is a paperless society?


I signed with my bank to have Visa bills and phone bill to be automatically paid but am left wondering if they really paid it or not. I'm aware they want me to do everything on line but I'm holding back on that one.
An attachment on e-mail told of all the things which will disappear in the future and cheques are one and Post Office is another.


Joy just phoned. She has joined a writer's club in Maple Ridge and they're having a Valentine's party and can bring their loved one with them and would I like to come. We are to be in  lady's house. The theme is "Romance" so I am to bring a short piece to read - Hooray!
I told Joy that my other two daughters started me writing and now my youngest is connecting me again.


I had a worry-time last night when I woke at 3 a.m. I thought of how stupid I must have seemed about not recognising my friend's wife and cutting him short when he wanted to talk. I don't know how I can make it up to him.  Isn't it pathetic when you get those worry times? You churn away in your mind and when morning comes it doesn't seem like that big a deal.


It's my eldest daughter's birthday today. I think she's sixty-six.  Impossible! - imagine that. I e-mailed her to say that her birth was so important to us and to me especially because I felt we were more like a family and more like a Canadian then.
 I knew nothing about babies. She cried a lot and we eventually found out that she was not getting enough nourishment from me as I nursed her and actually she was almost starving. Once on a formula she was just fine.
All my children had sterilized glass bottles and cloth diapers. One of my sons worked out how many diapers I had washed with the ten children. Can't remember the number but it was a LOT!
signed Mother of a senior citizen. Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment