Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Canada versus Latvia

As the guy said on T.V. "And you didn't even know where Latvia was on the map did you?
 I'm going to look it up myself.
They could have won the hockey game but apparently no one's seen such a good goalie as they had and that's why it was so tough for Canada.
And what a shock about poor old Russia losing their game!


I'm glad we got a gold for the Bob-sled and surely we will win Ladies curling anyway. Jennifer Jones is Soooo good. It was all looking dead after the first spurt of medals for us and every time I looked, Canada was coming fourth - fourth and fourth. I could hardly take it.


 We had Eggs Benedict for lunch and my stomach felt queasy so I didn't venture out today.


The MCC fellows brought the chest of drawers all right and put it in my bedroom. No more murderer's chest!


The Dowager Empress book is so convoluted as this time of her life - I've always wanted to know the full story of the Boxer Rebellion and the massacres of Missionaries and others and now it's more understandable.  Japan was always after a chunk or more of China. When I lived in Hong Kong, there were only two Japanese shops and they were vandalized over and over again. So much hate between the two countries but I couldn't help liking the delicate grace of articles in those shops.
Some Chinese shops had photographs of such gory things you could hardly believe them but there was always such a fascination of gore. Even in street theatre they stabbed actors with fake knives which sent out massive spurts of blood and crowds just loved it.


No gore for me thank you - Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment