Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow for Sochi

Did you hear how Sochi had enough snow for the games even though temperatures were 20 degrees above? The year before the games, they dug massive pits, made fake snow, trucked it to the pits, covered them with tarpaulins and had it available for the snow required now.
The machinery that makes the snow is beyond anything they've had up to now. It's not like the real stuff - more like hard tiny balls of icy snow but works perfectly well for the games.
What forward thinking and organization!


May is back home from her hospital occasion. It was a fracture and not a complete break. She's able to walk but is in pain. She has a walker - those wonderful things.


I got a bill from Telus with two months charge on it. I thought I'd put it on the form for the credit union to pay those bills but now it's done and I don't have to worry if I'm sick and can't make it to the bank to pay it. I love dealing with the credit union.


Willy was slightly better today but he asked "What is this place we're in?"
I wheeled him to the big window where he can see people (and the cat) come in and out and the sun came out and we basked in the warm rays so it went better to visit. I guess I'm getting the idea of how to deal with his reluctance to interact. Of course he doesn't know it's Valentine's day and I remembered before I knew him, I stood among all the Valentine cards and chocolate boxes and felt lonely without anyone to give a card to. So when we got together it was a joy to give him a card and the standard heart-shaped box of chocolates. He said it was nonsense but I know he liked it too.
Signed Still a valentine Doris.

No comments:

Post a Comment