Saturday, February 15, 2014

Patrick Chan

I feel badly for Patrick Chan. The interviewers keep harping at him to answer "How do you feel about losing the gold medal?" I want to yell at them to stop giving the impression he has failed. He won the silver.
That's life - and there's always a young one ready to take over your spot just as he took over someone else's spot. I thought Chan showed maturity and a strength that the Japanese gold medalist didn't have. They both stumbled but otherwise skated in top form.
I was reminded of the movie called "The Black swan"


Did you hear about the Russians who were accused of heating up the pipes underground in the luge when Canadians or Americans were to do their turns? That way the ice turned slushy so the participants were slowed down. I'm sure it wasn't true.


I haven't heard anyone congratulate the Russians on the colourful murals used as back-drops. Abstract designs. What a joy to see them. They are so supportive of their culture.


Went to get batteries for my hearing aids but they were closed. Called in to Safeway and got some rice because Brenda told me it may help my problem. When I came out the whole parking lot was a mass of rain pouring down and a wind stirring up a storm. I e-mailed Pat to tell him to bring some warm clothes as it was a cold dampness.


See in the local paper that the Municipality is selling Pleasantview. That's so much part of Willy and my life. So many changes are going on in Mission.


Mission is going to host the Winter Games starting on the 20th Feb. The schedule is in the paper and I see not only Abbotsford but maple ridge are using their facilities for it as well.
signed Cheering the Olympics  Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment