Saturday, February 22, 2014

Snow in L La land

Here we are on the 22d.February, thinking we've escaped the white stuff and it snowed today. I try to explain to the family in Winnipeg that it's like a dusting of icing sugar on a cake but of course for British Columbians, it is hard to navigate in it because they don't get snow enough to get the experience of driving in it.


Pat phoned to say he's done nothing else since he got home but to plow the snow over and over. Both Pat AND Pauline say they've had enough!
I remember reading about a storm which overtook some travellers in the very old days in a coach with four horses. It came so quickly and fell so fast that when the authorities found them, the horses were frozen in full gallop and the snow covered the coach with the people sitting upright in it. At least we haven't had that sort of thing in recent years unless you count the avalanches.
We've got avalanches on the Cocohalla Highway at this moment but then it's up in higher country.


I told Willy I will not come if it snows but if it hangs around I'll get a taxi.


The Globe and Mail didn't come till later - which I don't mind but when it stopped coming once before the delivery man told me off because I should have phoned right away. I'm glad it appeared because that is my Saturday treat.


Everyone is excited about the hockey game tomorrow between Canada and Sweden at 4 a.m. I might even get up for it but no champagne for me. I've enjoyed the whole thing except when the Canadian women tipped upside down on the ice run and I thought they'd lose their heads!
signed still got my head - Doris







No comments:

Post a Comment