Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Learning to deal with things.

I have to learn how to visit with Willy because he's in another world from me now. His voice is pretty good but he imagines things and can't answer questions. As soon as I ask him a question his eyes go to the ceiling and turn blank.
But then he'll come out with a complete sentence like "Where's my car?" or "You haven't got enough experience to drive, I worry about you."
Then he'll make no sense at all.
He looks healthy and he had on the nice sweater I bought him so he looked nicely dressed.
I always have to pick up jackets from under his hanging clothes because he must pull them down. I see a large cardboard box on the shelf which I imagine is for the move in April and they'll just put everything in it at the time.
What does one do when you visit someone in his condition? I know they sense that you're there with them but for me it's difficult to stare into space and not have conversation. Maybe I should learn to sing songs.


I couldn't get the ear vacuum but they had an 'ear popper' same price of $150.00. London Drug staff said we can return it if it isn't doing the job so I bought it. The Pharmacist took time to find something for Brenda's Bronchitis, not suppressing the cough but making it easier for her.
She is looking as if she is getting over it and using lots of Kleenex. Made me remember Loretta (Ted's mother) how she had to contend with three members of her family with tuberculosis. When they came back home from the San and had colds she pinned a paper bag to the mattress so it was handy to put the soiled Kleenex in.
Muffin, their small dog wants to express her love so much she wouldn't stop nudging me in the side and kissing me. She's a great friend for Brenda.


They had a sale in the dress shop because they were clearing out winter things to bring in the spring line. I'll be glad to see colours again.


I thought the car was leaking as I saw some shiny stuff from the driver's seat but it was packing tape on the cardboard I put in the parking spot so it would catch any leak.


Up and down with Willy Doris


No comments:

Post a Comment