Sunday, February 23, 2014

Two years here

Two years ago today I arrived here in Carrington House, assisted living. No stairs to climb. No groceries to get. No home taxes or maintenance payments. No Hydro, life-line or cleaning bills.
With a lot of help from Brenda and Kim (who cleaned my other address) I transferred to a place where I could get meals made for me and not have the responsibility of owning an apartment.


I don't go to the entertainments because they're too noisy and people talk all the time through the session.
I tried several table sittings and found the early sitting for lunch fills all my needs. I still drive so can get different selections if I get bored with the standard ones.
There's far too much offered for me as there is juice, soup, entrée and dessert for lunch and also for dinner. (It's a wonder we're not all Blimps!)
I buy my own juice because I have to watch my potassium, sugar, salt and calories.
Now I go for 11:30 lunch and sit at a one seat table and read a book and I like it fine.


I never fail to come into the door of my suite and not sigh with a good feeling. It is all I want and I love it. I always wear my life-line so help will come immediately if I need it.


So Canada won the hockey game against Sweden! Good for them. Haven't had a good look at the closing ceremony but the Russians sure are proud of their culture; said that before but it needs emphasising.
I remember when we went to Japan and they sang us their folk songs and asked us to sing ours and we couldn't think of one..... let alone come up with a Canadian DANCE!


Kept coughing last night and figured I may have the same thing that Brenda's going through so will be careful with extra washing hands.


Saw on T.V. that Government officials were standing on a bridge observing the snow coming down. If the snow started to stick to the ground they were to call out the snow-clearing equipment. Only in B.C. !! Nice job if you can get it.


I try to think what I've accomplished since moving in here and it's quite good really, so I haven't let it stop me from producing. signed producing Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment