Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sochi

I'm glad I saw the travelogue of Sochi otherwise I would not have known there was a nice town as well as the Olympic part.
Looks like it pays to support our athletes and it helped for some to use the venues left from Vancouver's time. I was wondering how it benefits the country and decided it really does because we have to interact with others and it helps youngsters to appreciate hard work and exercise.
I'm impressed with the parents always being there for the aspiring off-spring.
When I watch the competitions my stomach knots up in a ball and I hold my breath until our guys finish their turn. It's lovely that we're doing so well.


Brenda came home with Bronchitis and is worn out.


I love the winter flowers that Shirley planted in her garden from my plant. Such lovely white flowers. They drooped when temperature went below zero but today they struggled to stand upright and continue to show their petals.


Did some sewing of hems today and threw out anything from my closet that didn't fit well or I'm not going to wear. It feels good.
A "shoe-man" was here in Carrington and I've ordered a pair of Velcro-closing shoes which would do for slippers. My big toe would be completely free of restriction in them. They don't have backs and I've never worn shoes without backs (like the Dutch people wear.) I'll try them on tomorrow.


Lots of forms for Income Tax and finances for Will and me - I'm to put them in an envelope with health receipts etc. and hand them in to the bank who forwards them to Vancouver. I'd prefer someone local so I could hand deliver them and talk to the person involved. Next year I will do that.


There's a Valentine party at my friends on Sunday but Pat will be here and so I can't go.
It's going to be warmer so I won't have to worry about driving anymore - thank goodness.


Signed - waiting for Forsythia to bloom and for Spring to come, Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment