Monday, February 3, 2014

Kidneys

Saw the doctor this afternoon. He says he's still worried about the function of my kidneys. Apparently blood pressure medication helps the kidneys so this is what he told me to do.
I'm to take my B.P. first thing in the morning. If it's 140 or higher I'm to take two of the 2.5 ml Ramaprills. If it's around 120s or 130s I'm to take just the 2.5 mg.
I will see him in two weeks time and evaluate the results.
Meanwhile I'll try to drink more water.


I called in to the Hurd Pharmacy to pick up some of the ointment the foot lady suggested for diabetics. Named Atrac-Tain and used especially on dry and cracked heels.
As I was walking around I picked up a walking cane with four feet to it. I've seen the other ones that stick out and can trip other people but this one had more contained feet so I bought it after Diane adjusted the height.
Next I saw slippers for Willy which I've been looking for years. With these you pull the Velcro panels to one side and the person just puts his foot on the sole part - no forcing the arch of the foot through the space. Close the flaps and they're very comfortable, light and warm.
Of course, the pair I bought was too small so I changed them for a size 10.
Our life together from the beginning is dotted with occasions where I buy something for Willy and he gets angry and refuses to look at the purchase and berates me for buying what he doesn't need. So we go through the procedure and then I ask him which shoes does he want to wear - and he chooses the new slippers. Good!
I walked too fast from the parking lot to Pleasantview and was glad I had been checked out by the doctor because I was very out-of-breath.


Had a long phone call from Mark and the boys have a good idea to expand and John (the friend, soup and sandwich man) will be moving his little shop within their business area and it will be like a drive through.


The 96 year old lady here who I enjoy talking with is back having her meals in the dining room. I was so glad to see her again.


 Signed Pleasing Willy the hard way - Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment