Monday, May 12, 2014

Update

I drove to the doctor's because Brenda is not well enough to do anything.  I was supposed to get a taxi.
I signed forms which the doc. will fax to the hospital. The forms authorize the hospital to give me transfusions when necessary. I wish I could remember how many pints of blood Willy gave to the organization. It was enough to call him a hero - that I know.


The doc. wanted to explain about the Leukemia but it boils down to I've got the fast acting one. I shouldn't be driving so that's a decision I've made - I'll give up my car - not my driver's license though because Willy could not produce his for identification and we had a devil of a job getting him acknowledged that he existed !!!


Chartwell has a nurse in a small office here. No one knew what she did but she came to visit me today to explain that she does overall organizing care-aids connected to Chartwell and will see that I get into the Fraser Health system and talk about future accommodation in Pallative or Long term care facility. Instead of the kitchen staff delivering meals, it will be her care-aids and anything I want them to do I am to let her know so she can see that I'm looked after. GOOD!
I told her of my problem (I always start telling my stories when they ask about my life and we forget they are there to do something for me but they ask more questions and like today - she was here for three hours!)


Brenda said for me to eat what I liked and not worry too much about sugar count because I've been getting low blood sugar and it's better to be high than low (you lose brain cells). We had a good Lasagna tonight.


Laura phoned from Rainy River.


Am finishing reading the life of prince Phillip and learned that he has worked hard at doing the meet and greet things. He's interested in good design so is asked to design award tokens for organizations. When asked to design something for the Greyhound club he suggested a silver Lamp-post!
But he encourages good design in everything as well as the Tiddlywink association's award.


He sure received a lot of criticism and was accused of "Horning in on the Royals".


I'm making a list of what to be doing for cleaning up the non-essentials here but instead just read my book.
signed just mozing along - Doris


No comments:

Post a Comment