Friday, May 30, 2014

News flash

Discovery. Nurse gave me a shampoo in bed. It's a rinse free shampoo and conditioner in a cap. Out  by Comfort Personal Cleansing. Made by Sage Products. Latex free. Not available in drug stores but can be had in medical supply stores or call toll free 1-800-323-2220.
Shop Sage Products .com
Tear open package, microwave warm entire package, no longer than 30 seconds. Place cap on head, gently massage cap to saturate hair, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove cap, towel dry. Look good.

trying to learn the language of the kitchen staff. Wrote a note to say please don't give me milk (I hate waste ) next meal no milk and no gravy. So hard to swallow pureed peas.

Karen came. She is the lady I saw when Willy came to the hospital 3 1/2 years ago. When I had gone through so much confusion with assessing Willy, it was similar when I opened the door of her office to when I came to hospice. She understood was clear, and helped me go the next step for Willy's accommodation.   She liked the "The Artist and Bicycle Man" and asked for more books.
My dear friend  Mary breezed through the door dressed in red and white stripes with flamboyant scarf and jeweled hands. She told me that every year after I die the girls will celebrate my birthday on that day. She always thinks of original ways to show she cares.
Margret B came. Looking like spring and had a celebration of her school's 100th birthday. they told her she looked good for her age.
Mark has been running around doing lots of things. Even showing me how to work the hospice phone.
I talked to Pat, Pearce, Paul and Ted but he doesn't know who it was because pressing the buttons. I got the cook at the best western who suggested tonight's specials
Sorry to say even going on the commode is hard for me but I am getting used to pressing the red button.
Signed Red Button Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment