Thursday, May 15, 2014

Dr.Noble

My two daughters drove me to new Westminster to see Dr.Noble.
We were told to take picnic lunch because wait time in his waiting room is extensive. Well, they were right there because we were there two hours.
He's very good to do business with - straight forward and to the point. And the point was that I have a few weeks to three months to live.
"Stay as long as you can in assisted living but if you get a fever or feel you just can't manage - go to hospital" he said, 'AND DON'T GO NEAR ANYONE WHO HAS HAD INFECTIONS" as I sat shaking and shivering because of the cold temperature in the hospital at a low measurement because of germs.
I have to take out my dentures because they were altered by the denturist and now irritate my gums. (I now look exactly like all other ninety year olds.) If I sound strange on the phone that's one reason why.
It's not possible to eat anything with nuts or is not semi-pureed - darn it.
I also have irritation around my vagina (I know you would want to hear about that!)  Depends makes it worse.
In other words I'll need antibiotics.
Brenda's coming in a minute to take me hopefully for a transfusion.
I was dreadfully weak yesterday and thought I wouldn't make it to home but here I am with another day.
signed weak but still here Doris

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear about your vagina Doris.... Ha Ha Just kidding , sort of. If I can't say it now, when can I ???
    Soooo good to see you today. I won't bring you any nuts. but I will be back soon. Looking forward to reading your book again on Friday. love, Laura


    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, sorry about that Extremely Inappropriate Comment
    hope it made you smile

    ReplyDelete