Sunday, May 4, 2014

accepting

It's three-thirty and I have some extra time to write the blog - so I will.


I have accepted I need to use a walker and today I also accepted the fact my tummy has ballooned, tagging along with what was my waist. I cannot possibly buy a larger size in pants because the rest of me is as skinny as a twig. Do you remember Twiggy - the thin, thin young model who set the scale for young girls in the whole world?
This afternoon I decided to tackle the question and insert an extra piece of material in the elastic waistband of some pants. I don't have a sewing machine but know how to do backstitch which imitates sewing machine stitching.
Luckily I have kept pieces which I cut off from the bottom of Petite sized pants, so that should help.


I will hereby inform you I have let out the darts from two pair of newly bought pants and inserted these pieces and after trying them on, MY KIDNEY AREA IS NO LONGER IN PAIN.
I hadn't realized that with my stomach getting larger, the waistband was exerting a strain as to affect my back area.
I don't expect this to solve everything but at least it eases the situation without going to the doctor's.


Marianne is coming for dinner here. We go back a long way - to the time Willy bought the house on Rose Avenue and Marianne and Bert lived opposite.
Marianne comes from Austria and among other things, ran a resort so she's "been around the block" for sure. She actually lived in Vienna in the same place as an opera Diva. Smack in the middle of all that history and culture.
She found out that I painted and asked to see my work. It was the time I was doing unconscious paintings and I had just been involved with Taste of the Arts where one artist featured was a Chinese lady from Vancouver who played the PiPa.
The painting I was working on at the time showed an image of a Chinese person but I didn't know how to finish it. After the Taste of the Arts evening I added suggestions of the PiPa and it worked. Marianne bought it and it was the beginning of her support for me and our friendship which has gone through hard times and joyful ones for twenty-four years.
signed - sewed up Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment