Monday, May 19, 2014

noise

Don't people know if they have a too large voice?
Don't nurses and care aids know that their shoes clackety-clack with echos when they walk down a hospital corridor ?
I am in hospital now and the combination of these clackety-clack, loud conversations, carts squealing and complaining bells ringing in different keys and loud talking combines to send up stress levels of patients
Why can't we have peace and shoes to fit.
It's like being in a restaurant and almost before one has finished eating utensils and soiled plates are not only taken away but are thrown into a receiving tray with a clang and a bang enough to frighten anyone !
Can nurses stand the noiseyness after years of envading their ears ?
Is anyone doing anything about it ?
Everywhere one goes there is NOISE. Cars and trucks on the road. Horns being blown. Brakes squealing, airplanes above, leaf blowers, lawnmowers, dogs barking and you can add your sounds to it all.

Have just finished reading Queen Mary's story. when she thought she was pregnant, an official asked her "How goeth my daughters belly forward?" .
Today was an improvement. Joy brought mashed strawberries. Mark found cookies that steep in tea that will go down my throat.
Joyce came to visit and I felt a bit better.
Signed
better Doris

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree, since they put the freeway in by my house there is no peace, constant traffic and sirens, luckily the birds which took refuge in my place when they tore down the forest across the street, almost drown them out, and luckily, I walked into the forest and it is a little piece of heaven, I thank God for this postage stamp! This is the world we live in unfortunately, and as I told you that I feel sorry for what you are going through, I realized how the "institution" hospital thing can be taxing on one's soul. It kills me that you can't be in my house and I take care of you, oh well, I have several governments on my case that want money I don't have, such is the world that we live in, on a good note, at least we have our wonderful family, despite these things, we have our love that no one can tax or take away! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete