Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Getting somewhere

I've just been offered two alternatives to my situation.
My platelets have gone from 57 to 21.
#1. I can stay in Hospital and receive the medical care and Transfusions to keep my platelets going.

#2. I can refuse further transfusions and go to Hospice when my turn comes up on their list and die in comfort and pain controlled. Hospice does not cater to blood medications.

Looks like I will chose #1.

I was so weak today when two people came to walk me down the corridor I cried. ( I thought they were from Jehovah Witness !)But now it's abated and the last doctor (internist) said he'd give me pills for the chronic bone pain in my side.

Dear Lorna - Many thanks for loaning Mark to me in this critical time of my situation. He has been so helpful.

I will fill you in with what I,ve been told about Hospice in another episode because I'm tired.
Love to my dear ones who follow this blog    signed Deciding Doris

2 comments:

  1. All our love and strength we give up to you Doris!! We love you and you have been in our thoughts daily!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased that Mark can be there for you, Doris! Sending Lots of Love & Healing Energy. Love, Lorna, who is glad that you picked option 1!! XOXOXO!!

    ReplyDelete