Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mary

I have a Care-aid assigned to me - her name is Mary and she's the type I like - caring but efficient - seeing what can be done and doing it. She apparently knocked on my door this a.m. but I didn't answer so I said just check on me at 9 a.m. not before and I'll make my own breakfast for now.


I told her I was concerned about booking a spot for my toe-nails to be cut - so she cancelled that and I had already read Library books that other people might want to read, so she returned them downstairs. You've no idea the relief it brings to have these small things looked after.


A friend phoned and we had a long talk. She is ninety-six and has trouble as well. She would just as soon slip away, she doesn't know why she's lived so long. But I tell her she's here because she can make intelligent conversation with anyone and we sure have a need for that.


I cannot figure out how I'm sleeping so much. I read one chapter of new book and Whomp! I'm asleep. I figure I'll water the plants, fill the watering can, sit down and Whomp! I'm asleep again.


It was glorious outside so I sat on half of the lounge chair (trouble with the other half) and let the sun warm me right through. The birds were singing and the green leaves of the trees are the young colour of spring.


Tomorrow might tell me something and maybe not, will have to wait and see as it is what we do with so many things in life.
signed looked after Doris



No comments:

Post a Comment