Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Starting early.

Early this morning I noticed a paper butterfly on my neighbour (across the hall) doorway and I guessed right - her time had come. The family was around for her so that's good.
They told me she wouldn't press her red button. They put it right in her hand but she "didn't want to bother people" - sound familiar?
Staff asked if I wanted the door closed because funeral home was coming and I said yes please.

Who breezes in but Malonie. She was a member of "Fine Arts Five"- a group I got together so we could have shows for our paintings. We rented the old Leisure centre hall, renting lighting, boards for hanging work and invited 2 other artists, had a speaker to open and everything to make a New York type show. 700 people turned up for the occasion.
Of course, as usual the rent and insurance for the hall was upped more than we could afford for the following year - sometimes it seems Mission doesn't like success and priced us out of business,
Then one member was sick, one died and one moved so it folded.

We had so much to get caught up with. She said as she was leaving, "I'm so glad to see when you come close to dying you are still all of the same person you were! It's comforting to know that."

Staff want to shower me so I agreed to go through it today and decide whether it takes too much of my energy or not. They will come when I finish my tea.
Brenda came with photos of family so it looks like home.
I wish I had a perfect soft pillow.
Wendy's newsletter is so cute yet informative for Auxilliary.

I've reached the limit - hello new subscribers!   signed  at last they will have Doris in the shower
1 for them and none for me!!! Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment