Thursday, June 5, 2014

My island

Karen's coming with a name for my island -good.
I thought of the book and movie "South Pacific" and the fellows wanted to cross to the island "Bali Hi" and thought that was a good name but then got thinking they always took off in boats at night to go there and what if Bali Hi means Prostitutes so I backed off. She came to collect the ten books but left a note saying I was busy.

Very eventful day as Brenda came to meet with Social worker and it's all legal and it is written and agreed that no one will change my wishes when I die.

Malonie came with her stories and kept us entertained.
I started to have diahorrea  and it was constant till I was worn out. My Mary nurse tracked down the doctor for Imodium and finally they expressed some from Abbotsford !!!!! (It makes sense if you know the whole story). It cleared up.

Barbara(eldest daughter) phoned to say they will come on Saturday evening from Manitoba.  We've marked it on the calendar and I'm so glad I am still available.

Nancy from art center came and I am caught up with some of the good things happening to make her job easier and some money to get things done.
I never told that dear little Shirley D. came again with her sense of calm.

Barbara F. appeared and is leading a gay life - no-no not that kind! so was glad to know all is well.
Joy came with an old-fashioned dough-nut to dunk in hot tea and contrary to my belief it actually worked and gave me a change from cream soup and milk pudding. She came to collect one of my books for her student who asked for an autographed copy.
I don't eat as much as I did now.

My grand-daughter's husband has been diagnosed with cancer at 36 years old - I'm sad for the family.

Brenda cut up the books Bonnie gave me so I don't have to lift heavy books and wasn't it wonderful she brought me some biographies? What a wonder these women are! Love them
signed  happy tonight -Doris

No comments:

Post a Comment